Pages



Monday 27 October 2014

Gospel, grooving and a 'see you later'


Yes, a music-related post! It's been a lovely weekend, although sightly bittersweet as my husband went back on tour today. Boo. It was wonderful to have him home, but it seems almost worse waving him off for a second time. However, by the time he comes home we will be into the Christmas countdown, so a lot of fun to be had on the horizon!

In other news, I took part in a fantastic event yesterday in Scunthorpe called The Festival of Choirs. I was lucky enough to be asked to run a couple of short workshops involving gospel singing, and it was truly an unforgettable afternoon.

For starters, even though I was nervous, everyone was friendly, kind and welcoming. We were in a great venue (see photo!) and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the queue of people coming into the building. I ended up with well over forty people in my first workshop, and over sixty in my second! An amazing turnout, gorgeous people, enthusiastic singing, even a little light movement (the classic 'gospel clapping' move was out in force!) The groups managed harmonies with ease, followed my lead and a fabulous and uplifting time was had by all. Isn't that what singing together is about? Joy, power, unity, and fun? I LOVED IT.

It also showed me just how much I miss singing regularly; letting it all go, having a laugh, and expressing some joy. I thank all those who took part from the bottom of my heart. People were very generous with their nice comments afterwards too, and I left with a really happy feeling, to have a great evening with my husband.

I hope to do it again sometime! What do you do to relax on a Sunday afternoon? I'd love to know.

No comments :

Post a Comment