Pages



Thursday 6 November 2014

Writing, some singing, and more writing..


Happy Thursday to you all, and I do hope that your week is progressing swimmingly! For the past couple of days I have been having to enter the Christmas realms, rather earlier than usual (I try to not think about Christmassy stuff until the last week of November as a general rule, but sometimes needs must!) The reasoning behind this break from the norm is a brand new venture - a choir for children at a local youth centre, and their upcoming Christmas performance.

I have been brought in as choir leader and coach, and it's going to be superb fun; the children are always a delight, and they get very involved in their individual pieces for the show. I went through a mountain of Christmas songs to find some suitable backing tracks for the choir to sing together, so my festive mood is well and truly on a roll now! In the end, I have picked 'Merry Christmas Everyone' by Shakin' Stevens (classic) and the legendary song that is 'Merry Xmas Everybody', by Slade. If that doesn't get everyone dancing in the aisles then I don't know what will!

So, the first choir rehearsal is tonight, and then tomorrow I head off to London to meet a wonderful old friend so that we can disappear to a beautiful cottage in the Cotswolds for three days' worth of chatting, walking, but most of all, WRITING. I am chomping at the bit to go! It should be highly productive, as the surroundings will very definitely lend themselves to inspiration, with rolling hills visible from every window and everything we could possibly need inside. I am BEYOND excited! Writers need a little escape now and again to find that spark, gain some fresh perspective and indulge their creative side, and having my friend there will be the icing on the cake. Glasses of wine by the fire, home-cooked food and fresh air. Heaven.

So, have a wonderful weekend. Why not indulge yourself a little, if you can? Spend a few hours doing something you really love to do, and brighten up the November weather with the light within..

What are your passions? I'd love to know.

Before you go, check out this beautiful hideaway in Snowdonia (saving up for this next year!)

How about this fabulous winter coat?

Have an enchanted festive treat at the Somerset House ice rink!

See you soon x

No comments :

Post a Comment